VISEGRAD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The VSP is a specific program of the International Visegrad Fund created to facilitate academic exchanges by providing financial support to students or researchers who are citizens of the V4 countries: the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia and for foreign citizens to study in the V4 countries. The aim of the VSP is to support the mobility of students and researchers among the specified countries. Within the VSP, there are the following three schemes:
- Intra-Visegrad Scholarships: For outstanding scholars or researchers within the territory of V4 countries, within this scheme preference is given to applicants who choose the language of the host country as their language of instruction;
- Out-Going Scholarships: For outstanding scholars or researchers from V4 countries for studies at acknowledged universities in Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine—the same rules are applicable to Kosovar universities;
- In-Coming Scholarships: For outstanding scholars or researchers who are citizens of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, and Ukraine wishing to study in V4 countries—the same rules are applicable to Kosovar scholars.
Applicants from V4 countries can apply for 1 or 2 semesters at higher-education institutions in V4 countries (Intra-Visegrad scheme), and in Western Balkan and Eastern Partnership countries (Outgoing scheme). Applicants in the framework of Incoming scheme can apply for up to 4 semesters (MA level) or 2 semester (PhD/postdoc) at higher-education institutions in V4 countries.
Applicants for Visegrad Scholarship Program should:
- Be a citizen of one of following countries: the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, and Ukraine
- Have concluded at least 4 university semesters when applying, 6 semesters (equivalent of BA degree program) when starting the scholarship;
- Spend the entire scholarship period at the host institution.
Scholars will receive a scholarship of EUR 2,300 per semester. There is also a possibility to apply for aseparate travel grant, if residing further than 1,500 km from the host institution. Host institution will receive EUR 1,500 per semester for each scholarship holder to cover related costs.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 31 January 2016. To apply please create your online application HERE (please note that the system opens approximately 2 months prior to the deadline, usually at the beginning of December). Then print your application form directly from the on-line system, sign it and send it or deliver personally together with the compulsory annexes to following address:
International Visegrad Fund
Kráľovské udolie 8
811 02 Bratislava
Required documents are as follows:
- Certified translation of a diploma;
- Original acceptance letter from the host university/institution;
- Original working plan of the study/research period;
- Recommendation letter (only for Post-Master’s level).