Scholarship contest for the People’s Republic of China for the academic year 2019/2020
These scholarships do not include travel expenses.
All candidates must pass an electronic registration of the Chinese Scholarship Council.
To apply for these scholarships, candidates must be:
- Citizens of a country other than China, and be of good health;
- Under 25 years of age with a high school diploma if applying for undergraduate studies;
- Under 35 years of age, and have a Bachelor’s degree, if they are applying for master’s studies;
- Under 40 years of age, and have a Master’s degree, if they are applying for a PhD;
- Under 45 years of age, and have at least two years of undergraduate studies, if they are applying for general academic programs.
- Application form for the PRC Scholarship (in Chinese or English). The form is available at http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina , or www.campuschina.org;
- Diploma of the applicant’s highest degree, verified by a notary: Candidates that are expecting their diplomas need to submit an official document from their school proving their academic status. Alongside the documents that are not in Chinese or English, there should be translations in Chinese or English, verified by a notary;
- Academic transcript: alongside transcripts, which are not in Chinese or English, a notary verified translation in English or Chinese is required;
- Study or research plan in Chinese or English ( at least 200 words for undergraduate studies, up to 500 words for research, and up to 800 words for postgraduate studies);
- Letters of recommendation: Candidates need to submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese, or English, from their professors.
- Candidates that are applying for Music programs are required to submit a CD with their works. Candidates that are applying for Arts programs are required to submit a CD with their works, including two drawings, two paintings in color, and two other works;
- Candidates under 18 years of age need to submit documents on their guardians in China;
- Candidates that are planning to stay in China for longer than 6 months are required to submit a bill of health for foreigners in English (the original should be kept by the candidate). The form that the Chinese government has created for this purpose can be obtained at http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina. The examination should cover all the areas from the bill of health for foreigners. Incomplete forms or those without a signature of a doctor, hospital seal, or the candidate’s photo are not valid. Please do the medical examinations on time, because they are only valid for 6 months;
- Applicants that received a ‘Pre-admission letter’ from the appropriate universities should submit them alongside their applications;
- English language proficiency certificate: HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Chinese Proficiency Test), IELTS, or TOFEL.
Interested candidates may download the following documents:
- Instruction of the CSC Online Application System for International students, and
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
The required documents needs to be delivered in paper and electronic form to the office for international cooperation and on the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The deadline for applications and document submitting is February 25th.