Romania’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of National Education Scolarships for the academic 2019/2020 year
The scholarships are given for following levels:
- Undergraduate studies: The program is intended for high school graduates, as well as candidates that want to continue their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts from 3 to 6 years, in accordance with special requests from the chosen faculty, and it ends with a final exam.
- Master Studies: The program is intended for candidates that have completed their undergraduate studies. It lasts from 1.5 to 2 years, and it ends with a dissertation defense.
- Doctoral Studies: The program is intended for candidates that have completed their Master’s studies, and it lasts from 3 to 4 years, in accordance with the requests of the applicant’s chosen faculty, and it finishes with a Doctor’s thesis. The doctor’s studies application has an entrance exam.
Areas of study: Interested candidates may apply for the following areas: architecture, visual arts, Romanian culture and civilization, press, political and administrative studies, education studies, social and humanitarian studies, tech, oil and gas, agricultural studies, veterinary science. The scholarships will not be given out for medicine and pharmacy.
Language of study: In order to promote the Romanian language and culture among foreign citizens, the scholarship holders may only study in Romanian. Candidates that do not know Romanian are offered an additional year for studying the language.
The application file must be delivered through a diplomatic mission. Files sent by mail, or directly to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research, as well as files received after the deadline, will not be taken into consideration. The rejected applications will not be returned.
- Cover letter given out by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin, accredited in Bucharest, or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence;
- Completed Application form of the Ministry of Foreign affairs of Romania for a scholarship in Romania;
- Completed Application form of the Ministry of National education of Romania for getting a “letter of acceptance” for studies in Romania;
- Verified copies of high school diplomas (high school graduate diploma + university/Master’s or doctoral diploma (if necessary), as well as their translation in Romanian, French, or English, verified by a court interpreter;
- Verified copies of academic transcripts as well as their verified translations;
- Verified copy of a birth certificate and its translation in Romanian, English, or French, translated by a court interpreter;
- Passport copy (first three pages);
- Health certificate confirming that the candidate has no infectious diseases, or any diseases that prohibit him from further studies;
- Two recent photographs in the passport format.
Interested candidates need to schedule an appointment at the Romanian Embassy in Podgorica, at the phone number (020) 618 040, and, during the scheduled appointment, submit the required documents, by March 10th 2019. At the latest.
For all additional information related to the scholarships and the way of applying, interested parties may call the number (020) 618 040, contact person: Loredana Pascul or send an email to: email@example.com
The Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs will deliver the results of their selection to all diplomatic missions by June 17th, 2019.