Study in V4 Countries with Visegrad Scholarship Program
The Visegrad Scholarship Program (VSP) is a specific program of the Visegrad Fund created to facilitate academic exchanges by providing financial support to students or researchers who are citizens of the Visegrad Group (V4) countries: the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia and for foreign citizens to study in the V4 countries. All Higher Education Institutions accredited by the governments (ministries responsible for higher education) and Institutes of Academies of Sciences are eligible to be host as well as home institutions. The aim of the VSP is to support the mobility of students and researchers among the specified countries.
The level of supported studies shall be:
- Master’s studies (the student must have completed at least 4 semesters at home university prior to applying),
- Post-Master’s (doctoral or other postgraduate programs)
- The appli-cant must have completed a Bachelor’s program or, if the study program is not divided to BA and MA, completed at least 3 years before starting the scholarship
- The applicant’s home and host university must be different, the pre-vi-ous level of uni-ver-sity stud-ies must be com-pleted in a country other than where the applicant applies for studies
- Scholars from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia
1. In-Coming Scholarships scheme
Suit-able for schol-ars from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia and Ukraine who wish to study at accred-ited pub-lic or pri-vate uni-ver-si-ties or insti-tutes in the Visegrad Group countries – the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia.
2. Out-Going Scholarships scheme
Suit-able for cur-rent schol-ars or Master’s degree hold-ers from V4 coun-tries to study at accredited pub-lic or pri-vate uni-ver-si-ties or insti-tutes in the fol-low-ing coun-tries or ter-ri-to-ries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine.
3. Intra-Visegrad Scholarships scheme
Suit-able for schol-ars coming from one of the Visegrad Group (V4) countries (the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia) who plan to study at any accredited pub-lic or private university or institute in any V4 country other than that of their cit-i-zen-ship.
Successful applicants within all schemes will receive scholarships of €2,300/semester and the corresponding host universities/institutes receive €1,500/semester/scholar.
Applicants whose current (at the time of apply-ing) university or employer is further than 1,500 km from the selected host university/institute are eligible for a one-time travel grant.
Submit your application online here. The printed and signed application must be delivered with the compulsory annexes:
- Certified translation of a diploma
- Original accep-tance let-ter from the host university/institution
- Original work-ing plan of the study/research period (PhD) or Original list of courses (MA)
- Recommendation let-ter (only for Post-Master’s level)
The complete application with annexes shall be sent by post or delivered personally by 31 January to the following address:
International Visegrad Fund Kráľovské udolie 8 81102 Bratislava Slovak Republic
For more information please visit the official website.